OCS Encourages Everyone to Get Involved!
Organized Cleanups: OCS encourages everyone to get involved. Leading by example, we hope to teach behaviors that will result in helping to create a cleaner, safer environment for generations. Operation Clean Sweep organizes a series of cleanups throughout the city from April – September. It is only possible with the help of hundreds of civic minded volunteers and the support of City Services and neighborhood businesses.
With the support of city resources. we are creating a cleaner, prouder New Bedford.
To Report Highway Litter: To report areas of trash on State Roads and Highways please contact the Dept of Transportation in Taunton at 508-824-6633
Cleanup Schedule 2022 9am – 12pm
- April 23rd – North End, set up at Catali Mar
- May 21st – South End, set up at the Orpheum Theatre
- June 18th – Purchase Street area, set up at Servpro
- July 16th – West End, Southcoast Hospitals Group
- August 27th or about that date will be Palmer Island
- September 17th – World Cleanup Day, to be determined
How to Volunteer: Pre-registering helps us to plan for important volunteer services. Click below to register or call 508-989-9049,
Day of Cleanup: Sign up/check in at our Operation Clean Sweep headquarters table. Remember to bring your reusable water bottle if you got one last year! Tools and bags will be provided.